Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2023 08:30 AM
The Town of Wasaga Beach is saddened to learn of the passing of iconic former Mayor of Mississauga, Hazel McCallion. Hazel McCallion served the City of Mississauga as Mayor for 36 years, from November 1978 to November 2014. Since leaving office, she has taken on roles with the University of Toronto, Sheridan College, The Greater Toronto Airports Authority, Ontario Women’s Hockey Association and the Ontario Government. In 1979, McCallion led the largest peacetime evacuation in Canadian history following...
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2023 04:20 PM
Volunteer Opportunities on Council Advisory Committees 2022-2026 Term of Council
- Are you looking for a great way to be part of your community and to provide input that will help shape the future of the Town?
- Do you have a few hours every month to volunteer your time at meetings and events?
- Would you like to lend your skills and expertise to Town projects and initiatives?
- Are you interested in meeting new people and being part of a team committed to making our community a better place...
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2023 01:57 PM
Due to severe weather conditions effective immediately conditions for today only. We'll be back on regular hours coming Monday
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2023 08:00 AM
“We are now digital!
Registered users with the Town of Wasaga Beach’s CityView portal can now complete the following on line:
- Apply for a building permit
- Pay for a building permit
- Request a building permit inspection
To use the portal you will be required to create an account.
Click Here to access the portal or create an account
Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:44 PM
Today the Town of Wasaga Beach officially reopened Beach Drive.
“On behalf of council and town staff, I am delighted to reopen this iconic road to our residents and visitors,” Mayor Brian Smith said. “It is great that we once again have road access to this treasured area of our community.”
Public works staff started removing the sand from Beach Drive in December and recently completed the work.
“So many people have told me how they have missed being able to drive, cycle, or walk along this road,...