Wasaga's Finest Citizens Awards
2019 Awards are being held May 11th
Wasaga Beach RecPlex
The Town of Wasaga Beach annually honours the contributions of its citizens at Wasaga's Finest Citizens Awards. Awards will include: Volunteer Recognition, Historical Significance and Historical Appreciation Awards, Emergency Service Recognition Awards and The Order of Wasaga Beach.
To be eligible for these distinctions, nominees must be residents of Wasaga Beach, they may be nominated more than once, but may only win once and age is not a factor and should possess the following attributes:
- Volunteer Recognition Awards for dedicated & outstanding volunteers, who go above and beyond, organizing and inspiring others, events, programs or fundraising initiatives;
- Historical Significance Award to recognize cultural icons (including residential properties, local artifacts, landmarks, building structures, businesses, or locations that have a historical association and reveal aspects of local history);
- Historical Appreciation Award to recognize individuals and/or organizations that have played a significant role in the promotion or conservation of the history of Wasaga Beach;
- Emergency Service Recognition Awards honours those persons who have gone above and beyond in an emergency situation;and
- Order of Wasaga Beach nominees should be those persons who enrich community life by contributing significantly to the improvement of arts, social, cultural & recreational conditions, by way of volunteering.
Deadline for nominations is April 1, 2019.
Please contact Candice Martynuik, Special Events Coordinator for more information. email@example.com 705-429-3844 x 2204