We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In

Town of Wasaga Beach

Skip Navigation LinksTown of Wasaga Beach > Town Hall > Clerk's Office > Licensing


Business Licensing

Please visit our Business page for more in-depth details on licensing and guidelines.

Licensing & Permits

Are issued and enforced through the Municipal Law Enforcement Office

Yard Sale permits are required in the Town of Wasaga Beach.

If you purchase your permit before 1:00 pm on the Friday of the weekend you are holding your sale, we will post your address and day of sale on our event calendar at no additional charge.  Visitors to our site can then print out a list of sales for the upcoming weekend which will be posted by 9:00 pm Friday.

General Guidelines
As enforced through Business licensing – “special Sale”, by-law 2007-38 Schedule A-53, pages 115-116


Hours of sale
by-law 2007-38 Schedule A-53 Section 9, page 116;
8:00am – 8:00pm only

Special Sale – early $10.00
Special Sale – issued on site $50.00

Permits must be clearly displayed and visible from the road

Lottery Licensing

Eligible charitable, religious and non-profit organizations may be licensed to conduct lotteries.

The Town of Wasaga Beach licenses:

  • Raffles with prizes up to $50,000
  • Break Open Tickets - not licensed to be sold in conjunction with other Licensed Charitable events

  • Bingos with a prize board up to $5,500

All other lottery licensing is issued by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).

Criteria to be eligible for a Lottery License:

  • Your organization has been in existence for at least one year
  • Your organization has provided charitable community services consistent with the goals and activities of the organization for at least one year in the Town of Wasaga Beach
  • Your organization assumes full responsibility for the conduct and management of the proposed lottery
  • The proceeds generated are for charitable programs and services that benefit the residents of Wasaga Beach or the Town of Wasaga Beach

Licensing FAQs

Q: Do I need a business license to open a business in Wasaga Beach?

A: All businesses operating within the Town of Wasaga Beach must have a current business license to operate. 

To inquire further about a business licenses please contact;



Q: What do I need to do to get a business license?

A: Prior to being issued a license, business locations must first be approved by the Building and Planning Departments regarding suitable zoning, parking, etc. and then inspected by the Town's Fire and Property Standards Departments.

All food related businesses must also have the approval of the Simcoe/Muskoka District Health Unit Phone705-445-0804.

Business Licensing By-law
Business Licence Procedures
Business Licence Application

Q: Can I have a business in my home?

A: Home occupations must also have a business license and are restricted somewhat in order to maintain the residential character of the surrounding neighbourhood.

A copy of the home occupation regulations can also be obtained at the By-law/Licensing Office or by reviewing Schedule 22 of the Business Licensing By-law or the Town's Zoning By-law.

Q: Can I sell products on the beach?

A: Ontario Parks has jurisdiction over the physical beach.  For additional information, please contact the Park office at


Q: Do I need a special license for a Lottery or Raffle?

A: Lottery events such as bingo, raffles and the sale of break open tickets require a licence (via the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario) in order to be run.

These licenses are granted to charitable and religious organizations to support charitable purposes. These organizations must meet the eligibility requirements in order to be granted a licence to operate a lottery.

More information regarding Charitable Gaming Licences and the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario can be found at www.agco.on.ca .

Q: Do I need a permit for a Garage / Yard Sale?

A: You are permitted to have two (2) Special Occasion Sales per year at any one property.

The property owner must attend the By-law Department, located at Town Hall, in person with valid proof of property ownership (ID, tax bill) to obtain this permit. The cost is $10/permit.

Q: Do I need to licence my dog with the Town?

A: Under the Town of Wasaga Beach Animal Control By-law #2002-63 all dogs, where applicable, must have a current/valid Town of Wasaga Beach Dog Tag.

The dog tags are valid for one calendar year and require annual renewal. You are permitted to have two (2) dogs per property in the Town of Wasaga Beach.

You must bring with you current evidence that the dog has been inoculated with an anti-rabies vaccine.

More information on Dog Licensing contact the By-law Department at