Named after ANTHONY BECK, Reeve of the First Council of the Village of Wasaga Beach, July 4, 1949.
Legal description & location
Part of Survey of Part of Lot 27 and Part of Georgina Avenue, Registered Plan 525, Town of Wasaga Beach, County of Simcoe, now described as Part 1, 51R-32220, locally known as the northwest corner of Mosley Street and 1st Street North.
was the location of the first municipal buildings and was known historically as the centre of Town. The Town hall was formerly located on these lands as well as the Police Station, the Chamber of Commerce, Post Office and some classes for the Wasaga Beach School were also held there during 1953/1954 and even in 1968.
Beck Square is now a Parkette that includes a memorial monument which honours the contributions of past residents, a wall mural and several other artifacts. Beck Square is also the location of the Town’s Millennium Capsule. Beck Square features commemorative plaques that briefly tells of the local history, solid seating structures, trees, flower beds, shrubbery and a large spruce tree that was once the site of the Town’s Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony.
Town of Wasaga Beach, 30 Lewis Street, Wasaga Beach, ON
#2007-60, passed May 22, 2007