We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In

Town of Wasaga Beach

Skip Navigation LinksTown of Wasaga Beach > Town Hall > Clerk's Office

Clerk's Office​

The Clerk’s Office is responsible for the management and administration of the following service areas - Legislative/Corporate/Administrative services, Municipal Law Enforcement & Licensing and Cemetery services. The Clerk’s Office works closely with elected officials, Town departments, other levels of government and the public, and is committed to ensuring that high-quality services are provided in a cost-effective, professional, accessible, open and transparent and customer service oriented manner.


Clerk's Office FAQs

Q: Where do I pay a fine?

A: Provincial Offences fines (e.g. speeding tickets) may be paid in person at the Provincial Offences Office, 45 Cedar Pointe Drive, Barrie, ON L4N 5R7, or by mail. Please see details on your ticket.

Wasaga Beach Parking Ticket fines can be paid online or in person at  the Wasaga Beach Town Hall, 30 Lewis Street, Wasaga Beach, ONL9Z 1A1; or contact the Municipal Law Enforcement Department directly at 705-429-2511.

Q: How can I find a by-law?

A: Listing of frequently requested by-laws; or contact the Clerk's Office by telephone 705-429-3844  Ext 2224 or email admin@wasagabeach.com

Q: How can I have a document commissioned or have a document certified?

A: Staff at the Clerk’s Department are able to provide this service during regular office hours Monday to Friday (8:30am to 4:30pm.) when available.  As staff cannot always be available to perform this service, we ask that you please call head of time and book an appointment. For residents/taxpayers of Wasaga beach, there is a $15.00 fee to commission or certify documents; for all others the fee is $20.00. Photo Identification with a signature is required. You will be required to sign the form in front of the Commissioner.


Examples of documents commissioned by the Clerk’s Office are:

                -Foreign Pensions

                -Vehicle Transfers

                -Consent to travel for minors


Please note staff will NOT commission Last Will and/or Testaments or Power of Attorney documents.

Q: How do I request records or information?

A: To request access to Town records, you should first approach the Department you believe has the information you are looking for and simply ask for it.

In most situations, you will be given a copy of the information, for a copy fee, without having to submit a formal request under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) (commonly known as FOI).

Q: What if I’m denied access to information?

A: If you are denied access to the information, a formal request may be submitted, on the prescribed form available at the Clerk's Office, along with a $5.00 fee to the Town Clerk, Town of Wasaga Beach, 30 Lewis Street, Wasaga Beach, ON L9Z 1A1.

For additional information regarding the request process, please contact the Town Clerk at 705-429-3844 Ext 2223 or email clerk@wasagabeach.com.

Q: How do I get a copy of a birth, death or marriage certificate?

A: The Town of Wasaga Beach is responsible for registering births and deaths which occur with the Town.  We do not issue birth, death or marriage certificates. However, an application form can be picked up from the Clerk's Office, Town Hall, 30 Lewis Street, Wasaga Beach, Ontario.

For more information regarding certificates, contact the Office of the Registrar General at 416-965-1687 or 1-800-461-2156 or access the Ministry website at: http://www.vitalcertificates.ca/ontario/