We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In

Town of Wasaga Beach

Skip Navigation LinksTown of Wasaga Beach > Events > Events FAQs

​Events & Festivals RecLogo.gif

  • Website banner Nominations for Citizens Awards updated.jpgWebsite banner Nominations for Citizens Awards updated.jpg


Q: Is a liquor license required to run a beer tent or bar for special events?

A: Yes, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) regulates liquor licensing.  For information, please visit www.agco.on.ca

Q: Do I need a permit to sell food at special events?

A: The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit provides permits for the sale of food.  To determine if the type of food you are intending to sell requires a Health Unit Permit, please visit


Q: How do I propose a special event?

A: The Town of Wasaga Beach has a Special Events By-Law (NO.2012-04). In accordance with the By-Law, event organizers are required to complete the Special Event Application.

Questions about this process can be directed to the Special Events Coordinator



Q: When do I need to complete my event application by?

A: All forms must be completed and returned to the Special Events Office located at 30 Lewis Street, at least 190 calendar days prior to the proposed event date (for events longer than one day) and 60 calendar days prior to the proposed event date (for event one day in length), along with the associated fees. 

Q: How do I get an event put on your calendar?

A: Please review our Special Events Posting Criteria and if in compliance or if you have any questions, we welcome you to contact the Special Events Coordinator


Q: Where do I find the fireworks schedule?

A: As Fireworks are part of an event, the time and location will be made available on our event calendar located on our website home page.

Q: Is there event funding available through the Town of Wasaga Beach, such as a grant?

A: If your organization would like to apply for event funding through a Town of Wasaga Beach grant, fill out the Grants Policy Application Form or contact the Special Events Coordinator

Phone 705-429-3321


Please note grant applications must be provided by August 31 of the year prior to the event.

Q: I would like to have an event on the beach. Do I contact the Town or the Ministry of Natural Resources?

A: All Special Event Applications are facilitated through the Town of Wasaga Beach, Special Events Coordinator who will contact any / all outside agencies for approvals. 

Q: Will I need Emergency Services (Police, Fire or Medical) at my event?

A: This question will be determined once you have completed the Event Application and your Operational Plan as each event is unique and therefore will have specific requirements that need to be met.