We have numerous opportunities available to volunteer thought the Town
of Wasaga Beach. You can get involved, learn new skills, meet new friends give
back to the community and have fun!
We are committed to enriching Town of Wasaga Beach community by providing unparalleled and inclusive educational and recreational programs, services and facilities to promote physical, social and emotional health and wellness.
We are a community leader in physical education, recreation and leisure services, providing exceptional and innovative programs that result in measurable and transformational changes in the lives of those we serve.
Physical Education, Recreation and Leisure embraces values that guide our actions, shape our programs and services and result in measurable outcome including:
- Community: building positive relationships with children, youth, adults and older-adults who reside in Wasaga Beach
- Quality: Achieving excellence in the provision of instruction, programs, services and facility management
Active Living: Creating opportunities for personal and physical development, enrichment, health and wellness that benefit the Wasaga Beach Community
Recreation Program Evaluation
The Town of Wasaga
Beach continuously strives to meet the needs of the community by offering
recreation opportunities that benefit individuals of all stages of life and
abilities. It is important that we hear from you so we can continue to develop
and implement programs and improve the services offered in our community.
TAKE THE SURVEY
up a hard copy at the Wasaga Beach RecPlex 1724 Mosley Street, Wasaga Beach
Wasaga Beach Sport and Recreation Council
The Wasaga Beach Sport and Recreation Council is a group of individuals
who provide guidance and advice to the Department of Recreation, Events and
Facilities pertaining to fundraising, athletic development and coaching
practices. The council meets on a monthly basis to tackle projects affecting
Wasaga Beach sport and recreation and work to provide cohesion between the many
private, municipal and volunteer sport agency that make up the community.
Youth Advisory Council
YOUTH ADVISORY COUNCIL COMMITTEE INFORMATION AND APPLICATION CRITERIA
The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) is a committee of Council that will meet a minimum of six times per year on the second Thursday of each month. Agendas will be circulated a week in advance of the meeting.
- To advise Council, local organizations and businesses on matters pertaining to youth.
- To further connect and involve youth within the community.
- To create and support positive relationships between youth and adults in the community. Members are encouraged to be enthusiastic, energetic and proactive.
- Members are required to be a resident of Wasaga Beach and have a genuine interest and commitment to making Wasaga Beach a youth friendly community.
- Availability to meet during the winter months is a necessary.
- The Committee is comprised of 4 youth members, one member of Council, 4 adult allies from local youth serving organizations and 3 Town staff. The term of this Committee is consistent with the appointing Council's term of office.
Klondike Sports Park
1888 Klondike Park Rd, Wasaga Beach, ON
Wasaga Beach RecPlex
1724 Mosley Street, Wasaga Beach, ON
Wasaga Beach Active Living Centre and Youth Centre
1621 Mosley Street, Wasaga Beach, ON
Wasaga Stars Arena
425 River Rd W, Wasaga Beach, ON
Annual Athlete of the Year Awards
Annually the Town of
Wasaga Beach accepts nomination forms for Male and Female Athlete of the
Year. These individuals are recognized
at the Wasaga’s Finest Citizen Awards that are held in May.
Applications must be
received by February 28 annually, those received after this date will be
considered for the following years awards.
Athlete of the Year - Nomination Form