Our COVID-19 Information page is your one-stop resource for information about the Town of Wasaga Beach's response to the pandemic.
On this page you will find our Community Information Bulletins, e-newsletters, federal and provincial announcements, links to upper-tier government websites, and much more. This includes a link to our Business Recovery Portal, information about visiting Wasaga Beach, the status of town services, parking information, and the status of local events.
Questions? Please e-mail
Wasaga Open for Business
Business Recovery Portal
Wondering which local businesses are
open? Want to continue to support small businesses to help them out in
this time of uncertainty? Click here
Mask wearing - what you should know
The Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit said on July 7 that effective 12:01 a.m. on July 13 when you enter a public indoor space (e.g. grocery store, community centre, shopping mall, hair salon, library, place of worship, etc.) or use public transit you will be required to wear a face covering. *
Learn more about what the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit has to say about face coverings here.
Should you have questions about the direction on masks contact the health unit.
Should you have enforcement concerns please contact the health unit or the Ontario Provincial Police.
* Please note there are certain exemptions that apply to mask wearing. Please see the letter from the health unit for details.
Visiting the beachfront - what you should know
Planning a visit to the beachfront? There are a few things you should know:
- The "beach" is not owned or operated by the Town of Wasaga Beach. The beach is in fact owned and operated by the Government of Ontario. The beach is managed by Ontario Parks and is part of Wasaga Beach Provincial Park. The provincial park, including its beachfront property, is open for public use.
- You can learn more about the beach and the rest of the provincial park by visiting the Wasaga Beach Provincial Park
- The town offers municipal parking near the main beachfront (Beach Area 1)
but parking in these lots is at 50 percent capacity. The Spruce Street lot is reserved for residential parking pass holders.
- The sand-covered portion of Beach Drive is open. This is municipal property. We have four pods established on this makeshift beach to ensure physical distancing and appropriate capacity. These pods are the fenced off areas that beachfront visitors will see.
- After Labour Day, the pods are only staffed on weekends, weather permitting. Staff ensure physical distancing in the pods and ask visitors to self-screen for COVID-19 before entering. Visitors can still use the pods on weekdays but staff will not be on hand to monitor the space. Weekday pod visitors must still self-screen for COVID and observe physical distancing. Learn more here. See our parking lot map
here. For general information on parking see here.
- Please note the pods will be dismantled at the end of September.
- Remember to respect physical distancing and all other provincial orders that apply.
Masks must be worn inside public spaces per the Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit.
If you have physical distancing concerns while at the beachfront, or you are concerned about gatherings, you have a few different options:
- If you are in Wasaga Beach Provincial Park or on town property you can contact the OPP non-emergency number at 1-888-310-1122 or visit the online portal here. Or speak with an officer if you see one nearby.
- If you are on Wasaga Beach Provincial Park property speak with a park staff member or contact the park at 705-429-2516 or send a message
- If you are on the sand-covered portion of Beach Drive (municipal property), speak with one of our ambassadors or a municipal law enforcement officer.
Please note the sand-covered portion of Beach Drive - this is the land at Beach 1 in front of the commercial buildings and south of the black light standards - is owned by the Town of Wasaga Beach. Municipal law enforcement officers patrol this area, helping enforce provincial orders and town bylaws. Learn more about the department
. You can e-mail the department
Beyond the black light standards and up to the water's edge is part of the provincial park.
Thank you for choosing to spend time in our community.
Town of Wasaga Beach
We have reopened some town facilities to the public.
Town hall, the RecPlex office, Wasaga Stars Arena, Public Works, and the office at Fire Station 1 are now
open to the public, Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Wasaga Beach Public Library is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday to Sunday.
Please drop in and see us if you have business to conduct.
Individuals wishing to review plans with staff in our Planning and Economic Initiatives Department, Building and Development Services Department, or engineering staff in our Public Works Department must call ahead and arrange an appointment. We ask this to ensure we have appropriate physical distancing space available in our buildings for the review of drawings.
While some buildings are now open,
we encourage people to conduct what business they can with us online or by phone.
You must wear a mask in public spaces as stipulated by the health unit.
Questions? Call us at 705-429-3844 or e-mail:
Town services at a glance
Open (office).Closed – all programs and rentals cancelled, facility spaces.
Youth Centre/Seniors Active Living Centre
Closed – all programs and rentals cancelled.
Town Hall -
Open. (Mon. to Fri. 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Open. (Tues. to Sun. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) See website.
Public Works -
Fire Halls -
Outdoor facilities - Some outdoor facilities have opened. This includes tennis courts, our dog parks, the skate park, soccer pitches and baseball fields. These facilities are NOT for team use. If you utilize them please observe physical distancing.
Outdoor playgrounds - Open. See our playground information here. Learn more about parks here.
Parking - All municipal parking lots are
open. Beachfront parking lots are at 50 percent capacity. Spruce Street Lot is for residential parking pass holders only. Parking passes are available at town hall. See parking map
Operational Learn more about transit
Community Garden -
- Yard Sales - Permitted. Yard sales are once again permitted in town. Find our application and related COVID-19 safety information here: Yard Sale Application
To obtain a parking pass please visit town hall, Monday to Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Passes are available at a cost of $28.25. For general information on parking see here.
Recreation, Events and Facilities
Staff are organizing virtual events, please check out our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages for more details.
|Wasaga's Finest Citizens Awards ||Scheduled May 9||Postponed to Oct. 24 (tentative). |
|Summer Launch||Scheduled May 16||Postponed to 2021 event season.
|Wasaga Beach Corvette Club Spring Fling ||Scheduled May 30 ||Postponed to Aug. 15. |
|Back to the Beach Concert Series ||Scheduled for the summer on Saturdays starting May 30 ||
Postponed to 2021 event season.|
|Walk for Dog Guides ||Scheduled for May 31 ||Cancelled. |
|Culture Heritage Days ||Scheduled for the summer on weekends starting June 5. ||Drive-thru/take-out event subject to provincial regulations.
|JJ Automotive Car Show||Scheduled June 13||Cancelled.|
|Waterfront Festival ||Scheduled for June 20-21||Cancelled.
Wasaga Beach Cruiser's Fun Run||
Scheduled for June 26 & 27||
Postponed to 2021 event season|
|Canada Day Celebrations & Fireworks||Scheduled for July 1 & 4||Cancelled.|
|Midway||Scheduled for July 6-12||Cancelled.|
|Beach Volleyball Tournament||Scheduled for July 11 & 12||Postponed to 2021 event season.|
|Ontario SUP Series||Scheduled for July 11||Postponed to 2021 event season.|
|Food Truck Festival||Scheduled for July 24-26, 2020||Cancelled. |
|Roundnet Tournament||Scheduled for July 25 & 26||Postponed to 2021 event season|
|RibFest||Scheduled for Aug 7-9, 2020||Cancelled. |
|Candy 5k Run||Scheduled for Aug 8||Postponed to 2021 event season.|
|Rockin' the River||Scheduled for Aug 15||Postponed to 2021 event season.|
|Wasaga under Siege||Scheduled for Aug 15 & 16||Cancelled.|
|Poutine Feast||Scheduled for Aug 20-23, 2020||Cancelled. |
|Mayor's Golf Tournament||Scheduled for Aug 28||Cancelled.|
|MultiSport Triathlon||Scheduled for Aug. 29||Postponed to 2021 event season.
|BikeFest||Rescheduled to Sept 4 & 5||Cancelled.|
|Memores of Summer Fireworks||Sept. 6, 2020||Cancelled.|
|Stonebridge Wasaga Beach Blues Festival||Scheduled for Sept. 18-20||Postponed to Sept. 17-19, 2021.|